Saturday, February 20, 2010

MY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE

handful of frozen berries, my favourite is strawberries
1/2 cup milk, I use whole milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Greek yoghurt, I use De Winkle brand, made with skim milk, not completely fat free.
1 heaped scoop whey protein powder, I am using Active Woman, French Vanilla by Leppin Sport.

optional 2 tsp benefibre and/or 1 tsp flax oil

optional 1 teaspoon LSA, ground linseed, (flax seed), almonds and sesame seed, and/or 1 teaspoon ground fax seed to boost omega 3

Place all ingredients in jug and mix with stick mixer, liquidiser or whatever processor you like.

Nice drinkable frothy thickness well chilled by the berries. I have this every morning when on plan, quick, no fuss and healthy. Non-fat milk would reduce calories. I use whole milk because it suits our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment