Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SWEET CORN SALAD WITH CHEESE

The original recipe has bocconcini rolled in crumbs and fried, served warm on a plate with salad leaves and corn salsa. This quantity of salad was served with 16 crumbed and fried bocconcini for 4 servings.

I liked the look of the combination of flavours so put together this version which I am yet to try. Fried bocconcini doesn't rock my boat so on my first try I will probably use cheese from the brie or camembert types but I also want to try it with a low salt version of feta..

1 cup cooked corn kernels.* see note at end of recipe
1 small red onion diced small or not as you wish
1 tomato diced ditto above
1/2 small red capsicum, (bell pepper), diced ditto above
salad leaves
Cheese of choice roughly diced according to type.
Balsamic Dressing
Pepper and salt as preferred
Toss lightly.

*I will strip these from cob which has been microwaved in it's husk for 6 or 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment