Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PROTEIN BARS FROM http://bbubblyb.blogspot.com/2008/10/moving-on-from-past.html

COPIED FROM HERE

Banana-Peanut Butter Protein Bars


3 medium ripe bananas, mashed

2 ½ cups rolled oats
1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 teaspoons nutmeg (I just put 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon and omit the nutmeg, all what you like)
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1/3 cup splenda (I use 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup egg beater (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
1/2 cup applesauce
3 scoops protein powder (chocolate)

1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven 300 degrees, spray cake pan with pam. Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into cake pan cook for 45-50 mins. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 8 pie slices. Refrigerate, will keep a week or so.

230 calories each

These are extremely filling and a much better alternative to store bought protein bars.

For a sweet potato/pecan version I just nuke an extra large sweet potato, scrape out the inside, mash, and add 1/4 cup chopped pecans instead of the banana and peanut butter.

If you like oatmeal you'll like them a lot I think, if you don't I still think you will like them ok. I make them every Sunday and eat them every work day for breakfast and sometimes an extra one if I'm on the go and need something quick.

I made them for my TOPS ladies one week and they seemed to really like them.

I was reading on the BFFM inner circle that I'm a member of and one of the moderator guys said he makes out a goal list everyday and includes every little thing he wants to get done even brushing his teeth, he breaks it down in time incriments too. I thought that was a great idea so I think I'm going to start doing that to see if it helps me accomplish more during my day. I'm sure it will since I feel like far to often I waste a lot of time at night.

Well till tomorrow...

4 comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment